Valla Cranes offers a full range of training so our customers can get the safest and best use from our pick and carry cranes.
All training is provided by Hird, the Valla Cranes UK and Ireland authorised distributor.
Training can be provided at any one of Hird’s four training centres located across the UK or, if facilities are appropriate, at customer sites.
Pick and carry crane familiarisation
As part of your purchase of Valla mini cranes, we will go through a familiarisation process with your personnel.
This will ensure your team members are aware of the specific operating systems that give our pick and carry cranes their performance advantage.
CPCS compact crane training
Hird also delivers the CPCS-accredited A66 compact crane course for pick and carry cranes. The version to select is Endorsement B for mobile industrial cranes.
The course covered a wide variety of topics to give candidate a thorough overview of compact cranes and the issues relating to their safe and productive use.
- Legislation and codes of practice
- Introduction to lifting operations
- Lifting roles and responsibilities
- Components and terminology
- Maintenance, inspection, and pre-use checks
- Proximity hazards
- Ground conditions
- Identifying weights and centre of gravity of loads
- Positioning and preparation of the crane for work
- Safe-load indicators and setup for lifting duties
- Safe operation of the crane with and without loads
- Methods of communication and signals
- Use of lifting accessories
- Environmental conditions
- Shut down and securing procedures
- Loading and unloading for machine transportation
Benefits of compact crane training with Hird
- Hird are the Valla Crane experts in the UK
- Training will be carried out on Valla cranes
- If necessary, we can deliver training related to the model of crane you are purchasing and the lifting work you will be doing
- The CPCS training scheme used by Hird is recognised by large industry bodies such as the UK Contractors Group and the Major Home Builders Group.
- Basic compact crane training delivered by Hird can be a route to higher skills development through the NVQ process, supporting career development.
- Good training is an excellent marketing tool. It opens up new business opportunities, especially working for firms and projects with set entry standards.